Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Well that didn't go as planned...

"She's just......Type A".  I've heard that more times than I can count.  I am the champion of rules and order (although I don't like rules if I wasn't the one who made them).  You would think by now I would've learned that everything doesn't go according to my plans, but I'm still has strong willed as ever.

Lists are a huge part of my life!  Everything has to be on a list and if something isn't on the list it's obviously not worth doing.  So last Thursday I made my weekend list.  I'm just positive that my family was as excited about seeing the weekend to do list and I was about making it ;)  I had pretty much every waking moment planned out so what could go wrong?

As I handed out my printed to do list and posted an extra copy on the fridge incase anyone forgot where they put theirs, my youngest, Hannah, decided to inform me that I had forgotten that she was having a garage sale at her grandma's the next day followed by babysitting.  I had forgotten so that left Kevin and I to get our lists done as well as hers for Saturday.  I had it all figured out in my head and nothing was going to stop me from getting all this stuff done.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.  Oops I had forgotten that "little" detail. 

As Saturday morning came, I was ready to send Kevin out to mow while I pulled weeds.  Somehow in all the preparing for this task we didn't notice the underground sprinklers had been on.  Well, that's ok we could just move our schedule around and mow after the grass dried.  Everything we tried to do was impossible for one reason or another.  I decided that instead of trying to force it to work, we would go to the local craft show followed by the greenhouse.  I had been to our local greenhouses the weekend before, but nothing compares to the greenhouse that is across the state line about 30 miles from us.  We stopped by the craft show (which wasn't too interesting this year) and headed to grandma's house as the garage sale was almost over now and we could go to the greenhouse from there.  We stopped by and got Hannah and her boyfriend and off we went. 


 

Going to the greenhouse was always something I took my mom and Hannah along with me because we all enjoyed it so much.  This year I took Kevin, Hannah, and Hannah's boyfriend.  Yike!  No one warned me it could be a huge mistake!  I was run over with the flower wagon more times than I can count, lost everyone while they played hide-n-seek in the different sections of the greenhouse, got the male perspective on what each flower looked like or stood for, and heard Hannah from a distance explaining to her boyfriend "we don't need to plant any melons because I already have 2 perfect right here (as she was pointing to her chest)."  I don't think this is the relaxing trip to the greenhouse I had envisioned!

Once we got home, I planned on making up lost time by planting into the night.  Once again, I forgot that I really don't make the plans.  As I was getting everything together to plant, Kevin called for me to go look at the cloud that was trying to form into a tornado.  Oh well, I can still plant during a tornado, right?  The answer to that is NO!   It's a definate NO if hail accompies it like it did last Saturday night.
 
I guess this is just one more lesson I'm still learning about what I can and can't control.  I often wonder what it'll take to make me understand, but until then, it'll make for some pretty interesting stories.  We did end up getting to spend extra family time together which is really the important part.  I guess you can say my weekend didn't go as planned, but that's ok!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I thought that was thunder I heard...think it must have been God chuckling...at YOU!!! (wish I could have gone to the greenhouse and craft show too!! and I wouldn't have even run into you with the flower wagon..maybe :/

    ReplyDelete